Skip to main content

The struggle to stay real


"It doesn't matter what happens after you die,
Whether you are buried or burned is immaterial.
What certainly matters is how you live your life,
Cynics will blabber, you just get busy being yourself."

A substantial amount of our life is lost in thinking about the future and some more is lost in obscure thoughts about life after death too. Another chunk of our life is lost in thoughts of the past. In all this mayhem the most critical phase gets the least attention. That’s the present!


I know a lot has been written about and a lot has been read by almost all of us. I am not a preacher of any sort. I am just analyzing my own life and hope that I make all possible attempts to live and relish the present. Uncertainties are part of life and just another to be accepted reality.

We all know what should be the ideal path and we all in our own way strive to stay on the desired path. But we all at some point keep straying away from our desired paths. And then we need to bring things back to perspective and make the necessary course corrections.

What’s most important is to ensure we try and be ourselves despite the contradicting forces. The biggest fear I have is that I would lose the real me in the constant struggle of life. That’s the battle I keep fighting to win. At the end of it all the world may or may not be on my side, but the smile on my 
face will stay real.

-       
VJ Says ~ Cheers and Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Awakening Of the Inner Self!

It was yet another  Friday  or billions of earthlings. May be it was a mundane day ahead for some and exciting for others. An exciting day ahead for the ones who were certain of the joy to be unwrapped the next day, the weekend. Well, in my case it was the former. Blame it on being one amongst the many who work on Saturdays.

The Untitled Lady And The Dreamer In Me!

Photo Credit:  Image: vorakorn kanokpipat / FreeDigitalPhotos.net She kept walking aimlessly on the beach, Leaving behind footprints of her naked feet, With every wave that swept to the shore, Old prints kept being erased, But she kept walking making new ones.

Vivid Emotions Of Ecstasy In Darkness!

Photo Credit:  Image: posterize / FreeDigitalPhotos.net What am I searching for in the dark sky? Stars are not twinkling tonight, The Moon too seems to be in hiding, Yet there is a feeling of delight, I’m sucked in by the charming silence.